Kickstart Your Day with Pauls Tasty Morning Beverage
Updated: May 4
Every once in a while, I will post about little things I do throughout the day creating little wins for me that I can consider in the evening before I go to sleep.
Today it's my morning drink: Ginger, lemon, honey tea. It takes about 30 seconds to prepare once the water is boiling.
1. Boil water. (A few months ago I bought an electric water kettle and it has increased my tea drinking fourfold from the stove kettle I used to use. I honestly don't know why that is!)
2. Thinly slice ginger root - maybe about four slices. Then I slice those slices in half and put it in the cup. If I have some turmeric root I'll put a few slices in there as as well.
3. Add a dash of lemon juice (I always have a bottle of Lakewood Farms Organic Lemon Juice in the fridge. I find it easier than cutting lemons but fresh lemons are probably just as good if not better)
4. A bit of honey to taste.
Let the ginger steep for a 5-10 minutes, stir it up a few times to get all the goodness mixed together and have yourself a lovely morning drink.
What's the reason?
1. Starting the day with a warm beverage is the best way to . . . traditional medical systems . . .
2. The ginger and lemon kickstart the digestive fire and prepare your stomach to receive food
3. The honey coats the throat and . . .